We regard worship as the centre of our church life.
Our Mission is
‘To Know God & to Make Him Known’.
We aim to do this through prayer, discipleship, worship & mission together with the local community in Grange Park.
We celebrated our 80th anniversary in November 2018. The original church was built in 1921 as part of the development of the land between Winchmore Hill & Grange Park. The name ‘Church in the Orchard’ was attributed to a journalist who reported the church as having been built literally in the middle of an orchard. In 1938 a new church was built, just before the Second World War. The architect was C.H.Brightiff. It is a striking Art Deco building on a corner site, brick with square buttresses, a square west tower & rectangular windows in emphatic surrounds. The plan cubic forms are relieved by a stone carving of a Tree of Life over North & South doorways. It has an attractive & consistent interior, gently ramped nave, ceiling with an undulating profile pierced timber screens above the transepts & lower East end. All windows have geometric patterns of yellow glass. The original 1921 church is now the Church Hall & used for many community activities.
Come On In
Grange Park Methodist Church
Corner of Park Drive/Old Park Ridings
London N21 2EU
Baptisms / Weddings / FuneralsI
"*" indicates required fields